Are All Dance Studios Created The Same?
Here's why Twinkletoes Studio of Dance and Performing Arts is right for you!
- Our studios are equipped with professional grade Stage Step sprung dance floors, allowing dancers to dance longer without fatigue and preventing injuries on joints and backs due to a cushioned landing.
- We offer a vast variety of programs from recreational, pre-competitive to full competitive. Full Year, sessions, camps and, birthday parties. Ages 2.5 years and up. Private and group classes.
- We have office staff readily available during our Recreational classes.
- Small class sizes. Pre classes have a maximum of 12 students with one teacher and most have one assistant. All other classes have a maximum of 20, allowing for personal attention.
- Students and parents are never required to fund raise for studio events. There are optional opportunities to fund raise if they wish to do so.
- All Full Year Recreational dancers will have no extra costume charges. They are included in the tuition. Costumes will also be given out completely finished. No sewing or work for parents.
- Dance exams available in multiple styles * please speak with our office about what exams are available and requirements for exams.
Twinkletoes opened it's doors in Ajax, Ontario, Canada on July 3, 2004. In 2012 we opened our second location in Cobourg Ontario, Canada. In June 2015 we sold our Ajax location to one of our staff members which now operates under the name Ajax Dance Company. Our Cobourg location is headed into it's fifth year of operation. Our school is equipped with two spacious dance rooms and a highly qualified staff of five dance instructors, and office staff. Twinkletoes does not have "DANCING instructors" but rather "DANCE instructors" dedicated to educating students in a safe, fun and creative way. Our dance staff is continually updating their curriculum with the hottest new styles by attending classes and workshops with top professionals throughout the U.S and Canada.
In 2007 we created a new division of Twinkletoes called T2. This division was created for our male students. They even got their own boy friendly logo.
Twinkletoes is also proud to provide our students with continuous opportunities to have guest teachers and workshop opportunities.
To date, Twinkletoes has welcomed:
- Melody Lacayanga 2nd place Season 1 SYTYCD,
- Blake McGrath SYTYCD Canada Judge/Choreographer,
- Gabrielle Ruiz lead in the traveling cast of A Chorus Line,
- Anthony Russo of Tap Dogs,
- Courtney Galiano SYTYCD top 4 season 4,
- Izzak Smith SYTYCDC top 6 season 1,
- Alyson Stoner Missy Elliott Dancer & Step Up Movies
- Shamier Anderson from the Family Channel.
- Isaac Lupien from The Next Step
- Trevor Tordjman from The Next Step
- Lamar Johnson from The Next Step
- Faye Rauw, Toronto based teacher & choreographer
- Carlena Britch, SYTYCDC, Justin Bieber world tour
- Meagan McGrath, Mather's Dance Company
In 2012 Twinkletoes began to offer a unique program called The h.o.p.e group. This special class teachers dancers 11-18 years old how to develop their choreography skills, plan events, hold auditions and so much more. The jr. choreographer have successfully hosted four gala events which showcase their pieces. Each event was in support of a charity. The h.o.p.e group has now donated over $23,000.00 raised from these four events. We are very proud of them! for more information on The h.o.p.e Group visit www.thehopegroup.ca
Twinkletoes is proud to continue passing on quality dance training through both Acrobatic Arts dance syllabus as well as Royal Academy of Dance ballet syllabus. Both of these organizations are leaders in dance world wide and set the standard of safe and proper teaching techniques.
As well as providing top quality instruction to our students, we pride ourselves on maintaining a personable, family environment. We have knowledgeable and friendly staff available to provide customer service.